Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I am Going to Run My A** Off

The weight loss battle - once again - has begun. I know how to do it - I have tried most diets in existance today. I know which ones work and all the life long things we are supposed to do. So why am I sitting here 20 pounds over my goal weight? Is it laziness? Is it lack of paying attention? I think it is lots of things - and I am frustrated. I blame my slacking metabolism (age 38), I blame my family for lack of support, I blame my friends who want me to drink wine and have fun with them, I blame my social calendar...oh the blame goes on and on. But it really boils down to me. I stopped paying attention so I gained weight, so I stopped running, so I feel gross, so I really stopped running which puts on more weight. Now I am paying attention- and I want 3 years of living largely to just poof - disappear - right now!

Taking it off is not near as fun as putting it on. Since returning home from vacation the 2nd of August and seeing photos of myself for the first time in a while...I decided the change had to come. I have had two solid disasterous weeks of getting back into a running program. Talk about awful in the August Tallahassee heat - but I have pushed through it and finally feel human after 4 or 5 miles. I have counted calories but blew it off on the weekends only to find that it doesn't work. I am now trying my best to run my a** off literally while doing South Beach - I know that bad carbs just don't work on my frame anymore. They just don't need to be in my diet - I blame them for all the badness. Wine, wheat thins, pasta, stupid sushi with white rice and fried shrimp, pizza, pretzels, crackers - all my favorite things - must be a special treat from now on.

I am determined to literally run my a** off. Watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment